Peer Support, Agency & Self Determination: Centering people’s needs in moments of crisis
Join the Trans Lifeline for “Peer Support, Agency, & Self Determination: Centering People’s Needs in Moments of Crisis.” Abolition requires us to not only eliminate policing and prisons, it also involves building avenues of community care outside of those systems. This hour-long panel discussion includes peer support experts from across the U.S. as they talk about how to provide care to folks who are experiencing crisis without turning to police intervention. Join us to find out more about amazing grassroots work happening across the U.S. and to learn how to better support your friends and loved ones.
- Jess Stohlmann-Rainey (she/her), Rocky Mountain Crisis Partners
- Caroline Mazel-Carlton (she/her), Wildflower Alliance
- michael munson (he/him), FORGE
- IV Staklo (he/they), Trans Lifeline
- Moderated by Kiyo Kohchi (he/they), Trans Lifeline
January 27, 2021 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm America/Chicago