While it may not be possible during these COVID times to share lunch with a friend, there are many ways to connect with food. Many trans folks are struggling with food insecurity and/or are working essential jobs and are too tired to come home to cook. Here are some suggestions for providing ease around food and connecting with other trans folks:
- Offer to safely bring over some home cooked food, or pick up extra take out and share. Here’s how you can do so safely.
- Order food for someone using Postmates, DoorDash, or InstaCart. If you’re in a position to do so, send them a virtual gift card for one of these platforms.
- Schedule a time to have coffee or a meal together over Zoom.
- Cook together while video chatting and/or share your favorite recipes!
- Join the trend of co-viewing cooking videos. Even FORGE has gotten in on this one: check out our Fermented Soda how-to.