. . . A day of glitter, love and donations for non-profits. We’d love you to join our giving party on Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2019.
Who: You! A Hero for Trans/Non-binary Issues
What: Giving Tuesday, a national celebration of giving to non-profits
Where: Online at our Facebook #Giving Tuesday Portal (or via secure Paypal)
When: Tuesday, December 3, 2019(But hey, it’s a giving party – we welcome your glitter any day of the year!)
Why: Trans/non-binary communities have felt the devastating impact of federal, state, and other governmental rollbacks of vital safety, health, and human rights protections. Trans/non-binary people have also experienced increases in violence, bias, slurs, and hardships. We know it takes a village of dedicated people continually working to ensure that trans/non-binary survivors of sexual assault, intimate partner violence, bias, and other forms of harm are treated with dignity and respect and receive quality, competent services from the providers they work with.
A snapshot of what we’ve done in 2019:For victim service providers and allied professionals:
- Trained 1,857 people in 9 states.
- Presented workshops, mini-tracks, and all day-intensives at 14 conferences.
- Recorded and presented 16 web-based trainings.
- Provided technical assistance to 4,316 providers and professionals across the country.
For trans/non-binary survivors:
- Supported and advocated for 561 trans/non-binary survivors of violence or bias.
- Provided 2 web-based informational videos/trainings.
- Created 15 blog post resources for trans/non-binary survivors.
- Captured the beauty of trans survivors and loved ones in 856 Espavo project photos.
Want to see more details of what FORGE has done in 2019? (Of course you do!) Learn more here. 3 ways to come to the FORGE giving party:
- Donate if you are able via Facebook, FORGE’s Paypal portal, or via paper check (PO Box 1272, Milwaukee, WI 53201).
- Set up your AmazonSmile account (before Cyber Monday!) so that every eligible purchase you make will donate 0.5% to the charity of your choice. We’d love it if you made FORGE, Inc. your designated charity. (Learn more here.)
- Forward this email to those who may also be able to contribute some glitter and love.
Thank you for being part of FORGE’s family of supporters and sharing in this time of giving.
Executive Director, FORGE