- This event has passed.
Sex segregated services: Finding resources for transgender clients
August 9, 2012 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
[Recorded August 9, 2012]
We welcome your feedback. After you’ve viewed the recorded webinar (above), please take a minute to respond to a brief evaluation survey.
In an ideal world, every client would have access to ANY medical/ mental health service. Unfortunately, many services are sex-segregated, which creates barriers for clients (and providers) who are seeking the care and services they deserve. This webinar will examine how to creatively advocate for and with your clients.
noon-1:30pm Pacific; 1-2:30pm Mountain; 2-3:30pm Central; 3-4:30pm Eastern
- Decision‐Making Flowchart: Serving clients within sex‐segregated systems
- Shelter Case Study: Greta
- Considerations for Sheltering Trans Women
1. Participants will be able to list three sex-segregated services that their client/constituents may not be able to access.
2. Participants will be able to describe three reasons why sex-segregated services exist.
3. Participants will leave with concrete tools that will help them determine the best course of action for and with their clients.
4. Participants will engage in experiential exercises that will solidify their knowledge gained in this workshop.