The NCAVP Regional Training Academy will be held in Richmond, Virginia.
Gather with LGBTQ folks, sexual and domestic violence agency advocates, allied professionals interested in the prevention of and response to violence in LGBTQ communities for a day of learning, networking, and community building.
Please download the NCAVP Regional Training Academy 2012 Flyer for more information.
Although workshops are still being finalized, if you are interested in attending, click the link to register http://tinyurl.com/LGBTQ-RTA-2012.
NCAVP is partnering with the Gay Community Center of Richmond and the Virginia Sexual and Domestic Violence Action Alliance to bring this robust day of learning and building our collective capacity and relationships. The training will begin at 10am and we will be getting breakfast and registration started at 9am at the Gay Community Center of Richmond. Lunch will be provided and there will be plenty of opportunities for networking and sharing your skills and resources with folks from our region and beyond.
Some of the confirmed workshops we will be presenting are being generously provided by many of you! Here is a look at some of what we will be offering:
1. Transgender Survivors: Statistics, Stories, and Strategies with FORGE
2. Developing and Sustaining Support Groups for LGBTQ Survivors with OutFront Minnesota
3. Enhancing the Mainstream SV/DV Organization Response with Alexandria Domestic and Sexual Violence Programs
4. Screening and Assessment for SV/IPV with The Network/La Red
5. Sexual Assault in LGBTQ Spaces with VAVP
6. Community Response to Hate Violence with Center on Halstead and Sean’s Last Wish
7. Violence Prevention for Youth with Northern Virginia AIDS Ministry