- This event has passed.
Male Survivor Conference: A world of Healing
November 15, 2012 - November 17, 2012
13th International Male Survivor Conference
Friday, November 16, 3:30 am – 5:00 pm
Soothing the soul through words, images, and experiential learning (Survivors and Loved Ones)
Soothing the Soul is a dynamic, experiential and reflective writing-based workshop that encourages and allows participants to transform feelings about past abuse, assault or violence into empowered hope. Participants will use writing, art, and movement exercises. leaving with a sense of hope and connection. All materials provided.
- Explore new ways to process emotions.
- Gain tools to more effectively navigate traumatic memories.
- Increase personal empowerment.
Sunday, November 18, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
Transgender Survivors: Statistics, Stories, Strategies
This workshop will provide a base transgender framework, prevalence rates of sexual violence, barriers to accessing services, and unique issues facing transgender survivors. Participants will learn practical steps that will assist them in modifying existing policies and procedures, identifying and lowering barriers to service, improving effective services to transgender survivors.
- Expand transgender vocabulary and conceptual framework
- Deepen understanding of prevalence rates and barriers to accessing care for transgender youth survivors
- List at least three ways of improving service delivery to transgender survivors