#SAAM 2017 Lighthouse Coloring Page Design Contest
Download a printable flyer: 2017 #SAAM Lighthouse Coloring Page Design Competition
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (#SAAM). Every year, FORGE (a national transgender anti-violence organization), focuses our social media efforts on raising public awareness about sexual violence specific to transgender, gender non-conforming, and non-binary individuals, loved ones, and communities.
We know that:
- Victim service providers benefit from trans-specific information, training, and guidance.
- Trans and non-binary survivors feel heard, validated, and supported when information about sexual violence is trans-specific.
Together, with increased knowledge and support, we can collectively make a difference in lowering rates of sexual violence and helping trans survivors access the respectful healing services they need and deserve.
About the Contest
For #SAAM 2017, we are inviting artists to design and submit a coloring book-style image of a lighthouse. The image can be as simple or as intricate as you like. Designs should be scalable so they can be printed on 8.5X11” paper. During April, people will be invited to color the winning lighthouse drawing, add their own images and/or words to illustrate the appropriate theme (see below), and submit the resulting artwork as part of FORGE’s #SAAM social media campaign.
We will use two #SAAM themes:
- For victim service providers, we will circulate the lighthouse coloring page with the theme: “Our agency shines a light for trans survivors by _______”
- For trans survivors, loved ones and supporters, the lighthouse coloring page will be paired with the theme: “What guides me in the dark is _______”
We encourage artists to be creative. Lighthouses can be many things: a port in the storm, a light that guides the way to safety, a reminder that we are not alone even when things are rough, historic structures, reminders of how we need each other, a beacon of hope…all of these concepts and many others will fit with FORGE’s #SAAM themes.
Submissions must be received on or before March 25, 2017.
The 3 best entries will be chosen as finalists and will be highlighted on the FORGE website.
- 1st place winner: 2 T-shirts with the winning design and a $75 gift card.
- 2nd place: 1 T-shirt with the winning design and a $25 gift card.
- 3rd place: 1 T-shirt with the winning design.
Entries should be emailed to: saam [at] forge-forward [dot] org
- All entries must be received (electronically time-stamped) before 11:59pm CT March 25, 2017.
- All entries must be submitted with a signed waiver (below).
- Design submissions should be printable in black and white (outline style to accommodate coloring by others).
- Designs will only be accepted electronically (saam [at] forge-forward [dot] org) and should be in one of the following formats: .eps, .pdf, .tiff, or high resolution .jpg.
- The 1st place design (or any part of it) may be used in promotions, material, literature, handouts, posters, and/or T-shirts.
- All finalists will be notified (by email) prior to the public announcement of the winner.
Download this information and form here: 2017 #SAAM Lighthouse Coloring Page Design Competition
Email to: saam [at] forge-forward [dot] org