“101 Alternatives to Suicide” — Free Book!
Legendary Kate Bornstein directly addresses the often daunting and prevalent reality of suicidal thoughts and actions within trans and queer communities. Through her typical bold, intense, and playful style, Kate offers unconventional alternatives to suicide in her book “Hello Cruel World: 101 Alternatives to Suicide for Teens, Freaks and Other Outlaws.
Don’t be fooled by the book’s title! This book has content and concepts for people of all ages, as well as for those who don’t identify as ‘freaks’ or ‘outlaws.’ The book can be read cover to cover, as a reference, and as a reminder of numerous choices we all have other than suicide. Kate encourages readers to stay alive, by any way possible — her only directive is “Don’t be mean.”
1. Receive your free book! Come to the August 23, 2014 support group meeting to receive your free copy of the book! [If you can’t make it, fill out the form below.]
2. Read, think, enjoy, share “Hello Cruel World”
3. Attend the September 27, 2014 meeting to discuss.
“Tenderly intimate and unapologetically edgy, Kate Bornstein is the radical role model, the affectionate best friend, and the guiding mentor all in one.”
Request your copy!
- Completed book description on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Hello-Cruel-World-Alternatives-Suicide/dp/1583227202/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1408238264&sr=1-6&keywords=kate+bornstein
- Kate’s website-blog: http://katebornstein.typepad.com/
- Kate on Twitter: https://twitter.com/katebornstein