T-shirt Design Contest! – Thriving in 2014
FORGE is a co-sponsor of Milwaukee PrideFest 2014’s Health and Wellness Area — June 6-8, 2014. Every year, we supply booth volunteers with free FORGE-branded T-shirts specific to the booth’s theme. We need your help!
FORGE’s 2014 booth theme is…
“Thriving: Built Strong on Trans* Health Care Justice”
What would it be like if the trans* / gender non-conforming community could imagine life beyond core survival? If we could collectively and individually envision what it would feel like to wake up and thrive?
At the same time, we know that we still need to lay the foundation of trans* health care justice, which means giving trans* people equal access to health care by eliminating trans health exclusions, discrimination, and lack of cultural competency. Both trans health care justice and thriving are possible.
You can help make it happen! We need an eye-catching, readable, attractive T-shirt design. Artists should feel free to rework the exact wording of the theme to better fit your design, as long as your design and tag line promote both thriving and trans* health care justice. (Keep in mind that designs need to be printable in single color for the T-shirts, but we welcome the same design in color to be used in other print and online materials.)
Submissions must be received on or before May 12, 2014.
The 3 best entries will be chosen as finalists and will be highlighted on the FORGE website.
- 1st place winner: 4 free tickets to PrideFest 2014 and 2 T-shirts with the winning design.
- 2nd place: 2 free tickets to PrideFest 2014 and 1 T-shirt with the winning design.
- 3rd place: 1 T-shirt with the winning design.
Entries should be emailed to: ASKForge [at] forge-forward [dot] org
- No entry will be considered if electronically time-stamped after May 12, 2014.
- All entries must be submitted with a signed waiver (below)
- Design submissions should be printable in single color, although multi-color
submissions are welcomed (and may be used on printed materials other than T-shirts)
- Designs will be accepted electronically only (ASKFORGE [at] forge-forward [dot] org) and
should be in one of the following formats: .eps, .pdf, or high resolution .jpg
- The 1st place design (or any part of it) may be used in promotions, material,
literature, handouts, posters, and/or T-shirts
- All finalists will be notified (by email) prior to the public announcement of the winner